Sunday, August 24, 2014

12 years

Twelve years ago I was recovering after the search for Brian. He’d have been 47 now, maybe married. 

There has been no news, no body found. I think of him often. Today it was because his nephew, my oldest son, has been using Brian’s old water pack while mountain biking. Sometime I’ll have to let him know where it came from (I don’t want him to worry about losing it).

His parents are passing these days — our mother is unlikely to see another summer.

Somewhere in the multiverse there’s a Brian who didn’t disappear in Whistler BC. Here’s looking at ya brother.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jean Carrieres said...

Not sure if I ever left a comment here before. I come to this page from time to time, to see if Brian's body was ever found.

I was Brian's supervisor back when he worked at Dream Pod 9. I learned of his disappearance several years ago and was shocked by the news. So were the other Podsters I told the news to. Brian had been a great colleague and we all liked him very much. He was smart and we all felt he had a great future ahead of him.

Just thought I'd drop by and... I don't know, just write something. Say he's not forgotten, not just by his family, but by people who knew him briefly as well.

All the best,

Jean Carrieres

December 14, 2015 at 2:53 PM  
Blogger JGF said...

Thank you Jean. It's very good to know Brian is not forgotten by old colleagues.

Our mother died last year, but I'll let my siblings and father know of your message.

May you have a very fine holiday!

December 14, 2015 at 3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home